John Holohan Cars takes the safeguarding of personal data very seriously.
This policy describes how John Holohan Cars meets its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in relation to the processing of personal data.
This website is not designed for or intentionally targeting children.
How do John Holohan Cars collect and use your personal information:
· John Holohan Cars will use any personal information collected for customer administration including warranty and recall issues.
· When you visit our website including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data.
· We collect your personal information to enter into a contract with you to sell a motor vehicle to you and/or to purchase a motor vehicle from you by way of a trade in. We process change of vehicle ownership through Revenue Online Service.
· When you purchase a new vehicle from us we will use your personal information to register the vehicle with the Revenue Commissioners to pay any VRT or VAT on the vehicle.
· We may also use your personal information to comply with any obligation under anti money laundering legislation. In the event of a customer wishing to pay us with cash of more than €15,000 in one transaction or a series of linked transactions, a regulatory form must be completed containing personal information.
· If you send us an enquiry through this website, “Contact Us”, you might provide us with information such as your name, email address and telephone number. The purpose of collecting this information is so we can contact you regarding any questions you may have asked us to provide or any other information that may be relevant to you.
· When you apply for Finance this information will be used to assist customers in obtaining car finance from First Auto Finance Ireland Ltd (Close Brothers Motor Finance Ltd).
· To administer competitions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes.
· When you contact us through Social Media sites to inquire on a product.
· We operate a CCTV system on our premises to protect the safety and security of our staff and property.
· We may use your personal information to manage everyday business needs, including accounting for administrative purposes and to prevent fraud.
· We may use your information to help us improve our quality of services, carry out analysis and customer profiling.
Who do John Holohan Cars share information with:
· The Department of Transport for the purpose of notification of change of ownership for a used vehicle.
· The Department of Justice & Equality for anti money laundering compliance.
· First Auto Ireland Ltd, known as Close Brothers Motors Ltd for the purpose of obtaining motor finance. This is shared in a secure manner, using a consistent security protocol.
· An Garda Siochana where we are required to do so.
· If we have been asked to provide information in relation to existing or future legal proceedings.
How do we keep your personal information safe?
How long do we keep your information for?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it. Including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
You have the right to check what type of personal data we hold about you and what we do with that information and receive a copy of that information. You have the right to ask us to rectify any inaccurate personal information we hold about you.
- Viewing by appointment
- Tue – Fri
- 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
Deal of the Week
- Sat nav coords:
- N: 53° 9.111' W: 7° 9.597'